Frequently Asked Questions
What should I do if I am in a car accident?
1. Stay Calm: Remember to breathe slowly. Most people are in shock when an accident happens. If needed, call the police to report the accident.
2. Find Witnesses: Get their name and number, and any details they can tell you about the accident. If the police were called, they may also need witness information.
3. Take pictures: Having a smart phone makes it easy to take pictures these days.
4. Gather information about the other driver, their vehicle, phone numbers, addresses, and insurance.
5. Write down information about the accident. Try to be as detailed as possible. Include the location, a diagram of the accident, your vehicle damage, road conditions and weather.
How do contingent fees work?
For contingent fee cases, we do not receive any attorney fee unless we successfully resolve your case. Case costs for things such as obtaining records, research and court filing fees are approved by our clients in advance so there are no surprises. We work hard to keep those case costs as low as possible.
What payment methods do you accept?
We accept cash, check, credit, venmo, Paypal and Zelle. We are happy to offer our clients payment plans when needed.
Do I really need an attorney?
Your gut is probably telling you the answer to this. If you are worried that you may need a lawyer, please contact us. We will provide you with honest feedback. If having a lawyer will not add value or help your situation, we will be happy to give you that reassurance, too.
How will I be kept informed about my case?
We keep our clients fully informed about the timelines of their cases and any developments in their cases as they occur. We are happy to accommodate client preferences for contact methods and frequency. We can be reached via phone, email and via our website. You can request in-office, phone or video conference meetings. Our phones are staffed 24/7 for emergency needs as well. We are always happy to provide updates, and we often proactively check in with our clients to gather additional information and answer any questions.
How long will my accident take to resolve?
This depends on the extent of your injuries. Once a case is settled or taken to trial, you cannot recover more money later. We work with our clients and their medical providers to make sure that their cases are not settled in haste or prematurely. Subject to statute of limitations concerns, it is usually wise to reach maximum medical improvement and take some time to make sure that your condition is stable without flare-ups or re-aggravation after treatment concludes before approaching settlement negotiations or filing suit.